- 900 ml package of Tom Yum Broth
- 210 g package or NuPasta Angel Hair (Konjac angel hair)
- 150 gm of peeled pacific white shrimp
- 2 cups (500 ml) lightly packed baby spinach
- ¼ sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 dried chili peppers, crushed
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
- 2 cups (500 ml) oyster mushrooms stemmed & very roughly chopped
- ¼ cup (60 ml) fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon (50 ml) of fish sauce
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Prepare noodles
- Follow instructions on NuPasta Angel Hair package. Drain and rinse with hot water. Dry on paper towel. Set aside
- Bring broth to a simmer in a large saucepan. Add shallot, crushed chili pepper, mushrooms, sweet red pepper. And shrimp. Bring to a simmer and cook until shrimp are light pink & opaque about 2 minutes. Add baby spinach, noodles, and cilantro. Simmer until noodles are heated add the fish sauce and lime juice at the end.
**Where to buy Tom Yum Broth** I found it at the local Superstore in Calgary. **Can’t find ready-made Tom Yum broth** you can just add the following ingredients to to 1 quart/liter low sodium chicken broth, 2 stalks lemongrass, 1 inch peeled galangal root, sliced into discs (or substitute ginger root) 4 wild lime leaves (optional) **What is NuPasta** Gluten-free pasta is made from the konjac plant. A 210 g package contains: 25 calories, 1 g fat, 0 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrates, o g sugar, 6 g fibre, and 1 g sugar.