Thinly sliced veggies topped with cheese and then roasted. The veggies were perfectly roasted, the potatoes were nice and tender and the caramelized onions were sweet and salty. The whole dish was delicious and it looked really pretty too.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil (divided)
- 1 large sweet yellow onion cut in half and sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-2 russet potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 3 large Roma tomatoes
- Sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Dried thyme, to taste
- ½ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Coat a baking dish with olive oil cooking spray. Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the onions and sauté until translucent, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 60 seconds. Spread the onion mixture on the bottom of the greased baking dish.
- Slice the potatoes, zucchini, squash and tomatoes in thick slices. Layer them alternately in the dish on top of the onions, fitting them tightly into a spiral, making only one layer. Season with sea salt, black pepper and dried thyme, to taste. Drizzle the last tablespoon of olive oil over the top.