Linguine With Shrimp Scampi
Very Easy can be easily doubled.
Source: Ina Garten, Barefoot Contessa
Recipe type: Main Pasta
- Vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt plus 1½ teaspoons
- ¾ pound linguine
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2½ tablespoons good olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons minced garlic (4 cloves)
- 1 pound large shrimp (about 16 shrimp), peeled and deveined
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- ½ lemon, zest grated
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- ¼ lemon, thinly sliced in half-rounds
- ⅛ teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- Drizzle some oil in a large pot of boiling salted water, add 1 tablespoon of salt and the linguine, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or according to the directions on the package.
- Meanwhile, in another large (12-inch), heavy-bottomed pan, melt the butter and olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic. Sauté for 1 minute. Be careful, the garlic burns easily! Add the shrimp, 1½ teaspoons of salt, and the pepper and sauté until the shrimp have just turned pink, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from the heat, add the parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon slices, and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine.
- When the pasta is done, drain the cooked linguine and then put it back in the pot. Immediately add the shrimp and sauce, toss well, and serve