No Boil Lasagna
Easy to Prepare and best of all you do not have to cook the lasagne before using easily saving you a pot to wash and time.
Recipe type: main
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) vegetable oil
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-280 g (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 500 9 (lib) ground beef
- 2-398 mL (14 oz) cans Catelli Tomato Sauce
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 10 mL (2 teaspoons) vegetable oil
- 1-284 mL (10 oz) can sliced mushrooms
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) salt
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) water
- 1-170 g (6 oz) package sliced Mozzarella cheese
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) oregano
- 1-250 g carton (1 cup) cottage cheese
- 375 g (112 package) CATELLI LASAGNE, UNCOOKED
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil. Add ground beef and brown. Remove excess fat
- Stir in tomato sauce, mushrooms with their liquid, water and oregano; bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Combine cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, well drained spinach, egg, oil and salt. Spoon 1/ 3 of sauce into a 22 cm X 33 cm (9" X 13") baking dish
- Cover with ⅓ of lasagna.
- Spread another 1/ 3 of sauce over and cover with another 1/ 3 of lasagna.
- Spread cheese and spinach mixture over and cover with remaining lasagna and sauce.
- Top with cheese slices. t
- Cover with foil paper and bake at 190°C (375°F) for 45 minutes
- Uncover and bake until cheese starts to brown, about 15 minutes.
Note WITH HOMEMADE SPAGHETTI SAUCE - When using your own recipe sauce with the above method (no boil lasagna), make sauce thinner than usual or thin with water; otherwise lasagna will be dry.