Braised Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Beer
Brussels sprouts with bacon alone, are something to be relished. Brussels sprouts with bacon and beer can turn even the toughest adversary into a fan of this humble little sprout. It’s worth a try
Source: A spicy perspective
Recipe type: Veggies
- 2 lbs. Brussels Sprouts
- 6 oz. thick cut bacon, chopped
- 1 shallot, peeled and sliced
- 12 oz. bottle beer, something light and crisp
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- Trim the ends of each Brussels Sprout, removing excess leaves. Cut the sprouts in half, leaving the smallest sprouts whole.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped bacon and sauté until crisp.
- Add the sliced shallot. Sauté another 2-3 minutes to soften. Then add the Brussels Sprouts. Stir and sear the sides of the sprouts for 4-5 minutes.
- Pour the bottle of beer into the skillet. Add the salt an both peppers. Bring to a simmer and lower the heat a little. Stir and simmer until the beer has reduced to a glaze and the sprouts are cooked through--12-15 minutes.