Pork Shoulder blade chops with mushrooms Instant Pot mini & Keto
These are moist, tender chops ready in a short amount of time. The mushroom gravy is comfort food at its finest. These chops are wonderful served over mashed cauliflower with a green veggie for the ultimate comfort meal.
Recipe type: main
- 2 (6-ounce) boneless pork shoulder blade steaks or chops
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ medium onion, chopped
- 6 ounces cremini mushrooms quartered
- 1 tablespoon xanthan gum
- ½ tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Mix paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, b lack pepper, salt, and cayenne pepper together in a small bowl.
- Rinse the pork chops and pat dry.
- Sprinkle both sides of the pork chops with the spice mixture, rubbing the seasoning into the meat.
- Heat the coconut oil in the bowl of the Instant Pot on the Sauté setting.
- Brown the pork chops in the hot coconut oil, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the pork chops to a plate and turn off the Instant Pot.
- Add the sliced onions to pot base and then the mushrooms and sauté for 2 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add the beef broth and deglaze the pot ensuring all the brown bits are removed from the bottom of the pot.
- Top with the browned pork chops.
- Add the lid to Instant Pot, making sure the vent is sealed. Cook on the pressure cook on Manual High setting for 25 minutes.
- Once cooked the pressure can be released naturally or manually.
- Remove the pork chops and turn on the sauté function and continue to cook the liquid until reduced by half. Add the xanthan gum to 1 tablespoon hot water Whisk quickly until the mixture is smooth add to liquid and whisk while simmering another 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the pork chops topped with the onion mushroom sauce garnished with parsley