Pancetta Brussels Sprouts with Caramelized Pecans
This is one of the best Brussel sprout recipes ever. Made it Keto by using a Brown Sugar Substitute. Serve it with mashed cauliflower. Delicious!
Source: RecipesToTry.ca: adapted from Allrecipes.com
Recipe type: Keto Main
Serves: Servings 6
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, cut in half lengthwise
- 4 ounces pancetta, cubed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon Sukrin gold ( brown sugar substitute)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup whole pecans
- ½ Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar Glaze (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Toss the Brussels sprouts with pancetta, olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon of the brown sugar. Place in a foiled lined pan (for easier cleanup)
- Roast for 30 to 40 minutes until lightly browned and crisp around the edges.
- While the Brussel sprouts are roasting melt the butter and remaining tablespoon brown sugar in a medium-sized frying pan over medium heat, stirring every few minutes. Once the sugar has melted, add the pecans and stir to coat. Let them sit for a few minutes until they smell toasty, then stir. Continue to stir every few minutes until most of the pecans are lightly browned and very aromatic.
- Remove the pan from the heat and empty the mixture onto a large baking sheet lined with Parchment Paper. Smooth the pecans so they are in one layer, then sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt. Place the pan in the freezer for 10 minutes to allow the nuts to harden, then remove the pan and separate the pecans by hand.
- Toss the roasted Brussels sprouts with caramelized pecans and Balsamic vinegar Glaze before serving.
Pancetta buy them already cubed will save a lot of time.