Instant Pot Salisbury Steak & Mushroom sauce Keto friendly
Instant Pot Salisbury Steak is a quick and easy comfort food that is keto friendly and on the table in less then 30 minutes.
Recipe type: Instant Pot, Main
Serves: Serves: 4
- 1 pound ground beef, lean
- ⅓ cup pork rinds (ground)
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 whole egg (large)
- 1 whole onion (large, sliced ¼" thick)
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced ⅓-inch thick)
- 1 cup beef broth
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- Set instant pot to sauté and allow to heat until it reads hot.
- Mix ground beef, ground pork rinds, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, Worcester sauce and egg. Shape into 4 oval patties about ¾ inch thick.
- Drop ghee into instant pot liner, swirl to cover the bottom. Add patties and brown on each side. About 3 minutes per side; once brown remove to a plate.
- Add onion to the pot and sauté for about 3 minutes until they start to soften. Use ⅓ cup of broth to de-glaze the liner, scraping up all the brown bits into the broth. Add remaining broth, then sliced mushrooms
- Place patties on top of the onions, mushrooms and broth. Be sure to include any juices from the plate.
- Place cover on the Instant Pot, lock into place. Turn vent to sealing. Set the pot using either manual or pressure cook button and adjust time to 4 minutes. Allow the pressure to naturally release for 5-10 minutes, then vent.
- After the pot releases all the pressure remove the patties to a serving platter, tent to keep warm. Set pot to sauté; slowly add while whisking xanthan gum into the sauce to thicken. Serve sauce over patties.
No fresh mushrooms you can substitute a 4 ounce can of mushroom stems and pieces, drained for the fresh mushrooms. Add them after the meat has been pressured cooked. If you don't have ghee you can used refined coconut oil which has no coconut taste.