CheeseCake with Strawberry Glaze
From Welcome Home Blog “it's worth every single second it takes to make it. The texture is smooth and creamy with just a hint of orange and vanilla and of course the strawberries just make it to die for”
Source: Welcome Home Blog
- 1 cup graham-cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup firmly packed light-brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 pkgs (8-oz. size) cream cheese, softened
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoons grated orange rind
- ¼ cup milk
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1 cup strawberry jelly, melted
- Make Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In medium bowl, toss graham-cracker crumbs, brown sugar, butter and nutmeg together. Press mixture onto bottom of 9-inch spring-form pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool in pan on rack.
- Make filling: Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In large bowl, with electric mixer at high speed, beat together cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Blend in flour, vanilla, orange rind and milk until mixture is smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, and beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Pour mixture over baked crumb crust in pan. Bake in preheated hot oven for only 15 minutes and then reduce heat to 250 degrees and bake 1 hour longer. Then leave the cake in the oven with heat turned off and the door shut, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool on rack until room temperature, then refrigerate cake for about 2 hours or longer.
- Prepare strawberry topping: Slice enough dry strawberries to garnish. Arrange sliced and whole strawberries on top of cake.
- Glaze: Melt strawberry jelly in saucepan on low heat and cool slightly. Pour a light layer on top of cheesecake and smooth with spatula. Then brush strawberries with glaze and arrange in circular pattern on cake. Refrigerate until ready to serve.