Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits
Just like Red Lobsters biscuits. The cold butter is the secret.
Serves: 9 Biscuits
- 2 ½ cups Bisquick baking mix
- 4 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- ¾ cup cold whole milk
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Brush on top
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ Teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to .
- Combine Bisquick and cold butter. Don't combine too thoroughly. There should be small chunks of butter about the size of peas.
- Add cheddar, milk and ¼ tsp. garlic.
- Mix by hand until combined, but don't over mix.
- Drop 9 equal portions onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until tops are light brown.
- Melt 2 tbsp. butter in a bowl. Stir in ½ tsp. garlic powder and parsley flakes.
- Use a pastry brush to spread garlic butter over tops of biscuits
The cold butter really does the trick, making for fluffy, soft biscuits. Freeze the half stick before chopping, and leave it in the freezer even after chopped, until you’ve mixed the cheese with the garlic powder and Bisquick. Try to chop it into thin slices and then slice those for very small pieces of frozen butter. Mix them in just before the milk, making sure not too many are sticking together. This helps even out the consistency of the moisture pockets the butter provides, making for the perfect texture