- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless beef short ribs (or bone-in short ribs)
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup beef or vegetable broth
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1½” cubes (opt.)
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, cut in half
- 1 large onion, rough chopped
- 5 carrots, cut into 1-2″ pieces
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon sage
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven .
- Stovetop, heat oil in heavy, oven-safe pan or Dutch oven over medium/high. Brown beef approximately 1 minute per side.
- Remove pan from heat. Add all ingredients, cover and place in oven.
- After 1 hour, turn oven off and leave covered dish in closed oven for 3 hours. Cooking will continue with residual heat, so no peeking.