Bean, Sausage and Kale Soup
A Spanish-style bean soup that's packed with flavour. Andouille is a spicy, heavily smoked pork sausage that is often associated with Cajun cooking.
Source: Recipes To Try
Recipe type: Soup
- 3 Spolumbo's Spicy Italian Sausage, or any other spicy smoked sausage like Andouille.
- 4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cup beef broth
- 540 ml () Scarpone's Bean Medley or other mixed can of beans drained and rinsed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pinch crushed saffron threads
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 (200g) bag curly kale, leaves coarsely chopped
- In a Dutch Oven Brown and cook sausage in 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium high heat 10 - 15 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Add onion and cook until soft 6 - 8 minutes,
- stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Then add red pepper and Kale cook another 2 minutes.
- Add paprika and saffron cook 1 minute .
- Add the broth, sausage, beans and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
Marjorie Lagrone says
Hi, i think that i saw you visited my website so i came to “return the favor”.
I’m attempting to find things to improve my site!I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!!
Not a problem.