An Old Fashion Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
This is a Rich and Moist Carrot Cake well worth the calories
Source: Unknown family recipe
Recipe type: Dessert
- For the cake:
- 1½ cup cooking oil
- 2 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- 3 cup flour
- 1½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups grated or shredded raw carrot firmly packed (4 to 5 big carrots)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple including juice
- 1½ cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
- For the icing:
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese
- ½ cup margarine
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup sifted icing sugar
- For Cake: In a bowl measure oil sugar & eggs & beat 5 minutes at high speed. Add carrot & pineapple and blend for 1 more minute. Sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon & salt. Add ½ of the dry ingredients to mixture and mix well about 1 minute. Mix in balance of dry ingredients and blend well. Stir in nuts .
- Bake in greased & floured tube pan or Bundt pan. Line bottom of pan with waxed paper. Bake 1 hour 35o degrees F. then reduce the heat to 300 degrees F. for 30 minutes or until done.
- Put cookie sheet under cake pan for time it cooks at 300 degrees. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes and remove cake from pan. Frost with cream cheese frosting
- For frosting: Beat all ingredients until well blended and velvety. Spread on Carrot cake.
I am trying your carrot cake for a party at work. The only thing is I am going to put a cheesecake layer in the middle. 🙂 I will let you know how it turns out. I know it looks delishes!