Stuffed Turkey wings Instant Pot Keto
Turkey wings are flavorful and quick to make in the instant pot.
Recipe type: main
- Spice Mix
- 1¾ teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoons pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- 1 kg turkey wings, cut at joints into flats and drumettes, if wingtips discarded
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled (4 halved lengthwise, 2 smashed)
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons cup finely chopped celery (optional)
- ½ tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- For the spice mix: Combine all ingredients in bowl. Measure out ¾ teaspoons spice mix and set aside.
- For the turkey: Make one 1-inch-long incision, about ½ inch deep, on either side of each drumette bone and one 2-inch-long incision, about ½ inch deep, between bones on underside of each flat. Sprinkle wings inside and out with remaining 2 teaspoons spice mix. Stuff 1 piece halved garlic into each pocket of each drumette and 2 pieces into pocket of each flat.
- Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add wings and cook until browned on both sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer wings to plate. Reduce heat to medium Add bell pepper, onion, celery, thyme, smashed garlic, and reserved spice mix and cook, stirring occasionally and scraping up any browned bits, until vegetables are just beginning to soften, about 5minutes
- Stir in broth and bring to simmer. Add broth to Instant Pot add wings. Cook on high pressure 24 minutes when done let sit for 15 minutes Natural release.
If you wish a crispy skin Transfer wings to pan and broil for 5 minutes turning once. Set instant pot to sauté high and bring gravy to boil cook until slightly thickened reduced, about 7 minutes. Serve gravy with wings.